Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Deluxe Bridal Appointments


So I hear the new "trend" in bridal gown shopping is setting a "Deluxe Appointment" with the salon - IF they do it. For a fee, the bride and her party can attend a private appointment where light refreshments will be served...appetizers, wine, cheese and crackers, champagne...you know the deals and frills. So, how much is a private appointment you might be asking? Looks like the typical price range is $100 - $150. The bride may or may not get a goodie bag filled with all kinds of things she needs - like a gift certificate off her dress OR the maids dresses. I have heard the discount offering would sometimes cover the cost of the appointment fee so that is a PLUS! Let's look at what else is a plus: You are the main focus, you don't have to worry about being left while someone else needs help, you get 1 on 1 attention, you get to know the people helping you and...well it's like your own little party in the bridal store...just for you! Normally these appointments are booked after-hours or when the store is closed.


What's wrong with this? Should bridal salons charge to give you service - isn't that what most salons offer as a means to get your business? The answer should be Yes. But, looking at both sides, it is the LEVEL of service you are paying for. And I have to say....I am not opposed to paying for better service! Are you?


I would stay at a 5-star resort over a budget motel....How about a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio...compared to Strawberry Hill?  Truth be told I can't afford the 5-star resort but I would find a 4-star for sure! haha.

So, what do you guys think?
  • Would a Deluxe Private Appointment appeal to you?
  • Would you pay to have this level of service?
  • Would you pay only if you got money saving offers
  • Has anyone reading this blog ever done this? What was your experience?
Here's my take on it...and remember I owned my bridal salon for 5 years! I LOVE THE IDEA! Here is the reason why...being able to focus on just one bride and give her everything I possibly could would be the best thing I could do for my customer. During normal operating hours you can not focus on only one customer...other customers may come in, the phones are ringing, people are walking in, etc etc. The other plus side to me on this is that shopping at a salon for this dress for this day - it's pretty personal and you are going to work with those people for about 6 months (order time - to delivery time - to wedding time). This is an excellent way to get to know each other! I always said that I was sad when the days came for my brides to say "I do" because that meant I wouldn't be seeing them, and that made me sad! So, anyway, I really think this is a perfect service...and if the store is savvy enough to offer a discount or credit for the amount of the appointment onto your purchase....well this appointment is a no brainer...BOOK IT! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment