Monday, March 15, 2010

The Green Glossary

I stopped over at Something Green today and found a very helpful "Green Glossary"! I wanted to share it with my readers too because when I first started posting this month about Green Weddings I didn't really understand all the different meanings! Sure, I always hear or see the word "organic" and I knew what that meant - but I can honestly say the one thing that has inspired me the most this month is finding things that are Fair Trade items.  Something Green is also looking for folks like you who will be adding green touches to their wedding! Get inspired...or better yet...inspire someone else over at Something Green

Organic: The product has been grown without the use of toxic chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, etc.

Natural or All-Natural: The product has been processed and/or finished using exclusively natural ingredients.

Eco-Friendly: The product has been produced in a way that is less harmful to the environment and to the consumer.

Made in USA: The product has been manufactured, produced and finished in the United States.

Fair Trade: The artisans who have created/assisted in the production of the product have received livable wages, fair working conditions and otherwise equitable treatment. Often, the company that has created/assisted in the creation of the item has reinvested back into the community where the item was produced, grown, etc.


All text copyright Angela M. Graziano/Something Green, 2009-2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment