Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Cake Love

We spent the day in our nations capital today! It was a beautiful, COOL day! We played tourist until it was time to get serious. If you call tasting delicious confections serious! I sure do. I read a review about a cupcake/bakery called Cake Love and I knew I could not leave the city without trying them! Hey, I needed to test out the goods before blogging about them! Cake Love sums up the name perfectly because I am in love! It was hard to decide what to try because they all looked and sounded amazing. This is what we ended up sampling:

Homemade raspberry puree flavors this CakeLove classic, fluffy raspberry buttercream. This was our daughters choice - because it was pink! She ate it right up!

Chocolate cupcakes dipped in decadent chocolate ganache, topped with peanut butter buttercream, accented with chocolate, caramel and sprinkled with candied peanuts. Not to be missed! This was the hubby's choice! It was a good one. Reminded me of a Snickers candy bar....but it still didn't compare to my choice which was....

Designed for our 44th President; each vanilla cupcake is topped with vanilla buttercream, scratch made caramel and a light sprinkle of sea salt. OH-MY-GOSH. This was/is my dream cupcake. Seriously. The mixture of the caramel and salt. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

A classic vanilla butter pound cake bursts with vanilla buttercream and fresh, sugared strawberries. A CakeLove favorite that's heartily endorsed by Mom (and me)! Wow. This was seriously amazing!

Cake Love offers wedding cakes if you don't want to go the cupcake route. Their approach to cakes is: simple is better. Let your guests "ooh and aah" over the flavor not the decoration. And, in this case, they have it right! If you live in the area (lucky!) you must try them...if you are visiting this is a must stop location and if you won't be in the area but are excited and must get some lovin' well you can order pound cakes, cookies, brownies and scones online for delivery and I would bet all are just as amazing and delicious as their cakes and cupcakes!! 

Finally, let me share some fun links from their site: The calendar! Important if you are local and want to do cake tastings (which are posted already for September!), Cookbooks; United Cakes of America - heck yeah I bought mine and I can't wait to try out some recipes! The blog! Get updates and happenings from the founder of Cake Love and finally if you have an iphone you can download the free app - I got mine before I left the Love Cafe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment