Thursday, January 27, 2011

Inviting Invitations

If you are planning a wedding or any kind of party you will soon realize a big chunk of your budget will be going to invitations! If you think about it...once you get engaged you will be sending out: Save the Date cards, Bridal Shower invites, Bachelorette Party invites, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Invitations (invite, response card, reception card, menu cards and directions) and Thank You cards! That is  A LOT of paper goods! When I planned my own wedding, I had so much fun doing all of these things myself! I had a theme through out all of my paper goods. Even though other people planned the Bridal Shower and Bachelorette party I volunteered to make the invites! I bought cards and printed them myself - saving a lot of money in the process. There was some trial and error with the printing and I did invest in a fun software program to help me (I have used this program over and over after the wedding so I think is was a good investment!). One of the companies I love is Inviting Company. I was sent an email with some new products they have coming out...they are whimsical and fun! 
The key is to pick your "theme" and then find paper goods to go with it! You can purchase Inviting Company invites (blank cards) at several retailers online - do your homework to get the best deal! All of these companies sell the products:
I mentioned investing in an invitation software. I bought Printing Press from Mountain Cow. I only invested the basic charge of $29.99 - since I was only using it to get the printing specs. 


You do not need the graphics package if you are buying cards like the ones above and you do not need to invest in their font package - there are plenty of nice, free fonts out there! Mountain Cow has come up with a lot of new software choice over the years so, you actually have plenty to choose from if you want to go a different direction! I chose them because their basic layout was easy to use! It was a lot of fun doing my own invites and I still have fun doing them for friends and family for birthday parties and other celebrations! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment