Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anthropologie goes bridal

Well, yesterday was the big premiere of Anthropologies new bridal line BHLDN. Did you take a peek? What are your thoughts? I think it definitely fits a certain type of bride; vintage, retro, wealthy (haha!). I did really like some of the social occasion wear dresses and the prices were not that off from normal bridesmaid dresses! I think most of the styles had a fresh vibe to them and, of course, they would be perfect for any social occasion. 


TWIRLED SWEETHEART DRESS - $240 



This dress is featured in the color Dried Lavendar and it is also available in grapefruit, grass and butterfly print (as of this writing they do not show the dress with these different colors or the swatches). The sizes available are 0 - 14. They have left out anyone who wears a size larger than a 14 in the entire line so, I guess, make sure all your maids are on the smaller side (insert a raised eyebrow here). 


There are some dresses I just don't quite understand like this one - is it weird to anyone else that the lace just kind of...ends? 




I am not sure that I am a big fan...yet. The prices points on everything are pretty steep (in my opinion). I was expecting it in the bridal gowns but, purses for $550 and hair pieces (oh they call them adornments) for $825? I just find those things a little hard to swallow...what about you?



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the prices. How much for that headband? $460? WHAT?!? So I guess I'll keep looking. Ha!

    ReplyDelete