Monday, June 28, 2010

The Tiny Kitchen - Baltimore

On our 1st morning in Baltimore, I got an email that featured The Tiny Kitchen, a small bakery in Baltimore (a serious coincidence!). I was infatuated with the Lavender Layer Cake with Lemon Cream that I saw in the picture! I read about them and thought it was meant to be that I blogged about them. I contacted the owner, Michele, to let her know that I mentioned her and she generously offered to stop by on her way to make a delivery and bring us a sample (lucky us!). We have 3 little ones here and 3 adults...who can pass up cupcakes?! No one in this house! Michele stopped by with her adorable son, Simon, who my daughter was totally in awe of (she is 3!). Michele brought us 8 cupcakes: 2 coconut, 2 carrot cake, 2 chocolate and 2 lavender (score!). I was really interested in trying the fresh lavender! 

Michele is super nice! Delivering these delicious yummies was a treat for all of us! The girls could hardly wait for us to slice them up! We had to try a bite of each. My favorite was (surprisingly) the coconut! The frosting was so incredible and too amazing for me not to pick it as my favorite! Don't get me wrong - I loved all of them and I am a die hard chocolate fan! The ganache frosting was melt-in-your-mouth! The lavender did not disappoint - it was so unique and I would order an entire cake made from the lavender if I had a special occasion! It's a very light lavender flavor and would be a huge hit for its originality! Michele told us she uses local, organic ingredients whenever possible - and you can tell the difference! You can taste the fresh cream! I am so sad that delivery or pick up is only available here, in the Baltimore area, because I can assure you if Michele was in So Calif - she would be getting my orders for special occasions and/or birthdays! My friend, who we are visiting, is already working on an order of cupcakes. We have decided we must try: The Caramel Apple, The Carlini (coconut cake filled with mocha buttercream - gasp!) and the Mocha cake with coffee buttercream frosting. Thank you again, Michele. You were a hit with everyone here in our house and I look forward to seeing you and The Tiny Kitchen prosper! This is something you are obviously meant to do...and you do it well!! xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. I"m in Baltimore so I definitely have to try these out! thanks for the tip! I'll let her know i found out about her through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi all! I am Kerrie's friend that she is visiting in MD, and I wanted to add a SERIOUS plug for these cupcakes! I amm a HUGE fan of all the flavors that came, and they were all AWESOME. Seriously. I'm not just saying that. The one I was LEAST interested in was the Lavender and lemon,, and they were M Y favorite! Really light and dreamy! Trust me...having that flavor would really set your party or event apart from the norm. But, the others were fantastic too. And getting them delivered to our house? Omg...are you kidding?! Incredible! Thank you, Michele and Simon! What a talented person she is! Our youngest begged for more and more of the chocolate ones, and as a Mom, I gave her some of mine, but let me tell you, the kid in me wanted to say "mine!!!" LOL. They were just too good to share, and I'm not a huge sweets eater. But I will be trying the other flavors Kerrie mentioned, because I'm sure they are just as fabulous! Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm craving cupcakes, and it's only 6:33am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just saw the comments here. Thanks so much, Kerrie and Kate! It was a pleasure meeting you and your kids and your feedback is most appreciated. :-)

    ReplyDelete