Monday, October 11, 2010

Meeting the Cake Pop Pioneer

Today, was an interesting day! I made it down to South Coast Plaza to Williams-Sonoma because Bakerella was doing a book signing and demonstration (at least that was what the email said). I walk into the store, which already has 80 people standing around waiting for the Cake Pop lady herself...only to be told there isn't a demo (bummer! I thought we would get to sample cake pops!) but instead a 15 minute Q & A session. Ok, well I can stand in the crowd to get a glimpse of baking royalty! 


There she is! Beautiful, fun and oh so...sweet! Her name is Angie Dudley and she is the pioneer of the cake pop...those wildly popular 2-bite cake balls on a stick! She doesn't sell them direct, but she does show you and tell you how to make them - on her blog and in her new book.


She gave some helpful hints on things to use like:


Gourmet Writer 

Food Decorator Pens


Gourmet Writer Food Decorator Pens, Assorted Colors, Set of 10

You will also need some sucker sticks. These are fairly inexpensive:
6 X 5/32" SUCKERSTICK Paper Sucker Lolly Lollipop Sticks 50 Count


It was great to hear her talk about them - and see how excited everyone was to make them (myself included!). I bought all the little goodies I could find at Williams-Sonoma and this will be my project for Halloween! Here's a pic of Angie signing my books!



0 comments:

Post a Comment