Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Destination: Wedding

When planning my own wedding, I was all for a destination wedding! With family and friends spread all over I thought what better way to bring everyone together for a vacation AND wedding. Well, I guess I am not alone because destination weddings have become more and more popular. The average cost of a wedding is $20,000 - $25,000 - wow that would be a GREAT vacation wouldn't it? :) Years ago, I think anyone planning a destination wedding (wasn't it called eloping then?) would find slim pickings on wedding items, wedding dresses and all the thrills and frills that make a wedding, but not any more! A destination wedding can be as simple or as ornate as you want! The pickle is...what if you want someone at the wedding that can't or won't travel? This was the case with my future in-laws, so pretty much the destination wedding was off, in my case! So, first thing to do is ask those people who must be there if getting away for your wedding will work. If it does work for them....start planning! You have so many options (and not just tropical locations!). Here are some fun things I found for destination weddings...

Save The Date Cards: I love these cards because they are all handmade - no cookie cutter save the date here! They are hand stamped - not mass printed and I think that adds a more personal touch. Having a smaller wedding party means you can spend a little extra on things.

Save the Date Shipping Luggage Tags for Destination Weddings




The Dress: Let's face it: whether you are on a beach or a mountain top your destination wedding dress might have to be a little less ballroom friendly! There are plenty of destination wedding dresses to choose from now! Anything vintage or retro is so hot right now and these types of dresses would fit perfectly into a destination theme!

Alfred Angelo Style 16574 - Love the fabric on this dress!


Bonny Style 638 - I love the brooch on this gown


This dress from Dessy Destination Bridal Style 1006, is so romantic to me!
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment